Keeping your computer clean and tidy is essential for two important reasons:
- Unwanted programs could make your computer slow
- A cluttered computer will do the same thing to your mind.
Cleanup isn’t always easy, sometimes applications will leave unwanted traces behind and sometimes they will have gone bad and refuse to uninstall.
How to uninstall applications, batch remove old software, excise items that won’t uninstall and even erase pre-installed windows components for good.
Free up some real estate by deleting programs you no longer need on your hard drive
What you need is your computer
Decide which programs you don’t need and remember if you have the original discs the program came on you can always reinstall later.
Before you begin uninstalling programs, close and save anything you are working on. You may have to reboot your computer when you are done.
- Click the “Start” menu then “All Programs” scroll your mouse over the program you want to uninstall.
- Most programs have an added icon to uninstall it or you right click on the program then choose to uninstall, a pop-up box will appear, click “Uninstall”.
- Once done restart your computer, if it says its necessary.
- If the program does not have Uninstall option, click the “Start” menu then “Control Panel” or for some windows the search engine is next to the Start button, type Control Panel and Enter. Double click on the “Add or Remove Program” or “Uninstall Program”. A pop-up box will appear with a list of all installed programs in your computer, usually in alphabetical order.
- Scroll down the list and highlight the program you want to remove by clicking on it or on some windows double click on it.
- Click the “Remove” tab or “Yes” tab and the uninstall process will begin.
- Restart your computer, if it says its necessary.
- If you accidentally deleted a program you wanted to keep, click “Start” menu then “All Programs” Then “Accessories”, and then “System Tools”, click “System Restore” and follow the steps to restore your programs or for other windows search for backup and follow the options given.
You can also remove unwanted programs using control panel
- Press R +key to open window search agent and on other window the search agent is next to the start menu.
- Type “appwin.cpl” and click OK. Sort the installed program by clicking on “Installed On”
- Select the program you want to remove and click “Uninstall”
- Confirm the removal and wait until the unwanted program is fully removed or finished uninstalling
- You can download uninstaller like “Revo”
- Install it in your computer
- Accept the terms and conditions then a pop-up box will appear,
- Click on the program you want removed
- Then click on forced uninstall
Hope this instruction are helpful for you. Incase you need more assistance don’t hesitate to call us for help.